7 recommended TEFL jobs in Russia for entry-level and experienced ESL teachers. Find English teaching jobs in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Sochi, Kazan, or Samara.
For a larger list of 30 recommended English teaching organizations in Russia, visit your OnTESOL student account.
When to Apply for Jobs in Russia:
Peak hiring season is in September and January, although some schools will hire throughout the year. Each of these cities offers a wide variety of opportunities depending on your interests.
The British Language Centre
The British Language Centre is seeking English language teachers to apply to teach English in international businesses for 4-6 hours/daily. Must be a native English speaker, have a creative teaching approach, have excellent communication abilities, business experiences such as negotiation, presenting, finance and much more. We offer thorough professional development, a professional and friendly staff environment, and part-time opportunities. Apply today!
The English Club
Teach with the English Club! We are seeking teachers who are can adapt easily in a high-performance environment, offer creative methods for teaching, have a thorough knowledge of English teaching methods, have a minimum of a degree and 120-hour TESOL certificate, and have a high level of spoken English. Apply today!
The Orange Language Centre
The Orange Language Centre is currently seeking teachers to join our team for September at our centre in St. Petersburg. Must be a native English teacher, have a TESOL certificate, a university degree and teaching experience. Both full-time and part-time work is available. We offer a competitive salary and benefits. Apply now!
International Education Centre
The IEC is always seeking out talented teachers to work at our Moscow school. To apply, must have a TESOL certificate, a CV and copies of your certificates and university degree. We are seeking both General English teachers as well as teachers trained in preparing for the state exam and the unified state exam. Apply now!
Interlingua in Belgorod hires throughout the year. Must be native English speakers, university graduates, have a TESOL certificate and have experience teaching to adults and teenagers. We offer excellent benefits including free accommodation, 3-7 month contracts, health care, a competitive salary, refunded airfare. Apply today
CREF Language Centre
CREF is seeking an English teacher who has the following:
- Higher education
- Knowledge of communicative teaching methods
- Responsibility and diligence
- We offer an hourly rate of: 675 p. in 60 minutes
- Classes are for corporate clients in Khimki 2 times a week in the morning from 8.00 to 9.30)
Lingvoexpert is looking for qualified English teachers to join their team at their Saint-Petersburg office.
Due to travel restrictions, they are hiring staff to teach purely online. However, they guarantee relocation to Saint Petersburg as soon as this situation is resolved.
NOTE: If you wish to apply for an online position only, Lingvoespert would welcome you with pleasure. Please be advised that they pay a fixed rate of 9 USD per academic hour.
If you are willing to relocate, Lingvo provides:
- A fully sponsored legal work visa
- Relocation assistance, including optional salary advance and apartment search support
- Training and development programs
- Teach General and Business English to corporate clients (adults) in groups and individually (normally up to 100 academic hours per month) online
- Lesson plan and track down progress reports
- Participate in teacher training workshops
- They also have a growing demand for copywriting and proofreading, so if you would like to demonstrate your writing skills please add the samples of your writing to your cover letter.
In order to qualify for this job, the ideal candidate must have:
- A minimum of 2-years experience in EFL teaching adults and/or children
- Internationally-recognized teaching certificate (TESOL, TEFL, CELTA, DELTA or equivalents)