GEOS Language Academy Calgary is looking for supply ESL Instructors . GEOS is an international organization that spans over 13 cities in 4 countries. All GEOS locations in Canada are approved by Languages Canada.
Candidates must have/be:
- A recognized undergraduate degree *
- A minimum of TESL Canada Level One Professional certification or the equivalent**
- Experience teaching international adult students in a private language school in Canada preferred
- Communicative approach to language teaching and learning
- Excellent ability in teaching all English skills, and a passion for teaching
- A strong team player but also able to work independently
- Friendly, patient, flexible
*If your degree was issued outside of Canada you will need to have an assessment done by either IQAS or WES prior to applying
**Please verify your certification with the approved accredited Canadian programs list and the “Guidelines for Interpreting Equivalency” on the Languages Canada website. Please note that Oxford Seminars and United TESOL do not have accredited training programs and their certification would not allow you to teach in accredited language schools in Canada.
How to apply:
- Send your application to the email below with the subject heading “ESL Instructor Available.
- In the body of your email, indicate your possible start date, your availability to teach, and your availability to come for an interview
- Attach copies of your cover letter, your resume, your BA diploma, and all of your TESL certificates
- IQAS or WES assessment reports if necessary.
Please apply to:
Tammy Biickert Head Teacher
GEOS Languages Plus- Calgary
Suite 260, 717 – 7 Avenue SW
Calgary, AB Canada T2P 0Z3
Tel: (403) 266-5152 Fax: (403) 266-7393